Subject: Re: So what else was at NAB?
From: Mark Thompson <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 10:34:51 -0700

>Was there anything in particular that stuck out in people's minds?

I asked Jeff (one of my guys who came out to the show with me) and there
was no hesitation in his answer....Domino. My checkbook hurts just thinking
about it.

>What was the "coolest" new thing at the show, aside from LW 5.0?

The Discrete Logic booth. Not the products but the booth...it was awesome.
The new tools from Avid targetted at Flame look real nice as well. Looks
like we are taking a drive down to Tewksbury to get a private look at what
they have been up to. The new Wavefront Composer looks nice as well, but
I wish I didn't have to run it on an SGI.

>How did LightWave 5.0 compare to the OTHER animation packages at the
>show?  It sounds like 3DS MAX paled in comparison

I would not say Max paled in comparison to LW, it just didn't have the
show presence. It still has some very nice capabilities that will
definitely help drive LW development in certain key areas (as it did
with OGL). As for SI, all the new stuff was confined to the SGI version
from what I could tell.

  *~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  *           Mark Thompson           http://www.mv.com/ipusers/fusion  *
  *         Fusion Films, Inc.              [email-masked]          *
  * Director of Animation and Special FX      (603) 424-1829            *
   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~